Hair fall is a common complaint among women today. There are many causes and types of hair fall. But the most commonly seen hair fall are of two types.
- Chronic telogen effluvium: Those who suffer from telogen effluvium face sudden hair fall and get so worried that they will go bald.
- Female pattern hair loss: which is slowly progressive hair loss in this your face thinning of hair and an increase in the visibility of the scalp over time, the hair does not grow any longer anymore and the scalp becomes visible.
We get a lot of women who complain about what causes for hair to fall out as there is a sudden hair fall. In one or two months they notice a sudden hair fall. This is a very common complaint today. Firstly, we need to understand the different phases of the hair cycle.
All the hair on your scalp is not growing altogether, there are different phases that the hair goes through which is known as the anagen phase which is the growing phase, the catagen phase which is the phase of resorption and the telogen phase which is the resting phase. At the end of the telogen phase, there is shedding of hair.
On our scalp, 90% of hair follicles are in a growing phase or the anagen phase and this phase lasts from about two to six years and about 10% of hair care is in the telogen phase or the resting phase and this phase lasts for about 5 to 6 weeks.
The proportion of hair that is in the telogen phase is expected to fall. Losing 50 to 100 strands a day is normal because that many hair are in the telogen phase, and at the end of the telogen phase, they do fall giving space for the new hair follicle to grow.
The hair follicle when it is under the telogen phase goes up and becomes more superficial in the skin and then there is the new hair that is growing beneath it, so when the above hair sheds, the new hair below grows out.
If there is a sudden hair loss of about 100 -200 strands of hair every day, then it is quite alarming to certain people. This hair loss is diffused there are no patches such as no particular area which is affected more than others it is usually a diffuse hair loss.
We can notice balding only after at least 50% of the hair present on the scalp is shed. Then we notice that there is thinning. Until then you will not be able to make out any kind of baldness or visibility of the scalp.
Causes for hair fall:
- Stress: Stress is the most common factor. Stress can be anything in the form of exams, undergoing a huge weight loss in a very short time, crash dieting, recovered from any illness such as dengue, typhoid or malaria or any other illness, any nutritional deficiency and if you have hypo or hyperthyroidism all this may lead to hair loss.
- Crash dieting: People on a crash diet or doing a liquid diet tends to lose a lot of weight in a short period depriving the body of protein, which is a very important factor in hair growth. All this can lead to sudden hair loss.
- Menses: Having a very heavy flow during menses could lead to iron deficiency anaemia which in turn leads to hair loss.
- Drugs: Intake of certain drugs such as antidepressants, blood thinners or certain antihypertensive medications, antibiotics, retinoids. Could lead to hair loss.
- Child Birth: Hairloss is also very commonly seen in women having childbirth. There are certain hormonal changes during pregnancy in which there is a kind of thickness in your hair and makes it longer and pushes hair into the growing phase. When these hormones come down to normal after childbirth, you will notice that the hair starts shedding. You must not worry too much about that. Shedding usually last for about 3 to 4 months, and it will be controlled once the hormone is normalized.
- Haircare: People who use straighteners, hot iron, blow dryers on the regular basis. And there are a lot of hair care products that could be damaging your hair. Try to avoid these when you have hair fall. You should also put on hold colouring your hair until the hair loss is under control because all these factors might not be the cause for your hair loss but they do aggravate it.
As many people keep questioning what causes for hair to fall out, these are some of the causes of hair fall. The tips or precautions are as follows.
Precautions for causes for hair fall.
Firstly, be very gentle with your hair. Do not wear any hairstyle which pulls or tugs your hair. Avoid tight or high ponytails. Avoid vigorous brushing of hair and be gentle when your hair is wet.
People worry that shampooing your hair regularly may aggravate your hair. No, you can shampoo your hair 2 to 3 times a week. If you are working out or if you have to go in a dusty environment or you sweat a lot, make sure your scalp remains clean. So, it’s important for you to shampoo your hair and keep the scalp clean.
Products to control hair fall.
Although it is important for you to know the root cause for your hair fall and have an appointment with your dermatologist.
Along with the medications, you may follow the below products to stop hair fall and grow lustrous hair.
Vedix Customized Hair Fall Control Regimen. This is one of the most effective kit to stop hair fall and grow lustrous hair. The kit consists of hair oil, shampoo and serum. It is Safe and effective hair care regimen. It reduces hair fall within 4-6 weeks. vedix hair care regimen is for dry, normal to oily and oily scalp. And for straight, wavy and curly hair.
mCaffeine Coffee Hair Fall Control Kit with Protein, Redensyl, Natural AHA & Argan Oil. Tackle hair fall with Coffee Hair Fall Control Kit. It is perfect for deep cleansing, exfoliation & hairfall control. The Coffee Scalp & Hair Oil nourishes scalp, boosts hair growth and strengthens the hair. The Coffee Scalp Scrub is great for exfoliation, dandruff control and root stimulation. The Coffee Shampoo provides deep cleanse, facilitates hair shaft nourishment, and hair fall control. The addon is the heavenly coffee aroma.
[…] you suffer from hair loss? Which vitamin deficiency causes hair loss? Do you want to know if any nutritional or vitamin […]